Kumar Saraff studied Fine Art at Nottingham Trent University, then went on to study painting at the prestigious Royal Academy Schools. Here he won several awards and prizes, including the David Murray travel scholarship for landscape painting and a silver medal for excellence in painting.
After graduation Kumar worked within the Art and Design department of a large West London further education college before relocating to Mid-Wales to paint full time in 2002. As well as painting Kumar works on art based community projects.
Kumar’s art has its origins in a European painting tradition, using the colour and form of light effects to take the viewer on an exploration of paint on surface. The work often suggests a narrative, posing questions and suggesting many possibilities.
Kumar’s paintings have been exhibited in numerous galleries and venues in England and Wales, and can be found in both private and corporate art collections in the British Isles and abroad.
All enquiries please go to contact page.
- 1990-93 Nottingham Trent University BA (Hons) Fine Art
- 1993-96 Royal Academy of Arts Postgraduate Painting
- 2016 Sky Landscape Artist of the Year, heat finalist
- 1996 Andre Dunoyer De Sogonzac Travelling Scholarship
- 1996 Vincent Harris Prize (RA)
- 1996 John Purcell Print Prize
- 1995 SJ Solomon Silver Medal for Painting (RA)
- 1995 David Murray Scholarship for landscape painting
Kumar Saraff is represented buy the following galleries:
- The Art Shop, Abergavenny- artshopandgallery.co.uk
- Oriel Ffynnon, Llandeilo, Carmarthenshire- fountainfineart.com
- The Ardent Gallery, Brecon- ardentgallery.co.uk
- The Old Chapel Gallery,Pembridge, Herefordshire- www.oldchapelgallery.co.uk
- The lion Street Gallery, Hye-on-wye, Herefordshire- lionstreetgallery.co.uk
- Five Ways Art Gallery- five-ways.net